When it comes to DIY projects, millions of Americans attempt to do things on their own each year. Sometimes, they still end up calling a professional. Home projects that beautify an area are one thing, but when it comes to plumbing issues in your home, it is generally best to let a plumbing expert handle those projects.
Here are the top six reasons to call professional plumbers when your drains are acting up:
- Your drains are taking a long time to drain water. When water does not immediately go down the drain, there is often a clog blocking the drain pipe that is connected to a specific drain. This type of backup can occur in any sink, shower, tub, or floor within your home.
- Multiple drains are slow. If you have multiple drains within your home that are slow to drain water, you need to call for expert help right away. Multiple drains that are not draining properly indicate a major clog in either the main drain pipe or a branch drain. If the clog is not cleared promptly and fully, extensive and expensive damage can occur.
- Strange sounds coming from your drains. If you hear any type of gurgling or “glug glug” noises coming from your drain, or bubbling or whooshing sounds, they can signify that there are holes in your pipes or excess air being forced through a drain trap.
- Toilets take a long time to recede. When you flush a toilet, the water should recede within just a few seconds, and any waste should fully disappear with the first flush. If neither of these occurs, you may have a clogged toilet drain. As you can imagine, this can cause extremely messy problems, and you should call in the experts right away.
- Water backs up in other drains when you flush. If you notice water backing up in sinks, showers, or floor drains when you flush the toilet, there is most likely a clog in one of the home’s drain lines. This clog forces wastewater back up and then out of a lower drain. Call the professionals right away as wastewater contains harmful pathogens that you do not want outside of your toilet.
- Recurring issues. If you are dealing with plumbing issues frequently, it is time to call in the experts. There is probably a large clog somewhere in your drain pipes, and it will require the skilled knowledge of a plumbing expert to find the root cause of your plumbing issues.
Contact Atlanta Leak Detection today for all of your emergency plumbing needs.